White Water Safety and Rescue
Keep you and your mates safe on the water
We aim to teach simple and practical safety and rescue skills that can be applied appropriately to a moderate white water environment.
- 2 day WWSR course
- Pre-requisite for WW Kayak and Canoe Leader
- WW kayak, Canoe or Packraft
What We Will Cover
- Managing river trips to avoid problems occurring
- Improving your awareness of safety skills in the moderate river environment
- Personal safety skills
- Shout, Reach, Throw, Row, Go rescues
- Basic rescue protocols that prioritise the safety of the individual above all others
- The ‘clean line’ principle.
- Managing emergency situations
4th-5th April 2020
"I found your style of delivery to be very easy to get along with, cheerful and friendly with plenty of examples and scenarios to help explain the different elements of the syllabus and you always had an answer to our questions."
Chris Openshaw - WWSR Course
"Thanks for a good and very useful weekend. I had fun, learned new skills, had new challenges whilst still feeling safe, met new people and jumped in a new river. So the best sort of canoeing weekend."
Sally Ward - WWSR Course